Phase 1 Design
- Engagement meeting via Zoom after initial contact, can we use some of your waste as a feedstock for our mycelium?
- Send us two samples of the product to be packaged or a CAD file
- Pay our flat fee of £300 for design and prototyping which includes a 3D model of the sample
- Option of extra £50 for augmented reality prototype
- You receive a detailed proposal for approval or changes
- Final proposal including accurate price per part
Phase 2 Prototyping
- Within 24 hours we 3D print a “soft tool” to create two moulds for your packaging
- The moulds are then filled with mycelium substrate and left to grow for up to 5 days in our controlled environment
- The pieces are then removed from the mould and left for 2 days to grow the velvety smooth surface
- Kiln drying comes next to remove water and sterilise the mycelium, so your packaging is then an inert composites material and very strong!
- Sample products test fitted and shipped to you for approval
Phase 3 Production and QA
- The 3D file used in prototyping is sent to make hard tooling. This typically costs around £1,000
- Multiple growing moulds can be made from this tool, depending on how many are needed. The mould trays cost £6.50 each
- The trays are filled, grown, dried and quality assesses as above, until the desired number of parts is ready
- Your packaging can be tested to mimic the rigours of transportation and various temperatures, we are strong as polystyrene and other foams!
- The parts can be collected or delivered (at cost).
Contact us to discuss prototypes and production timingsLets talk